Comfort is timeless, and Stressless® gets better with age
Live Royally Sweepstakes Rules Posted Below:
Enter at https://www.facebook.com/EkornesStressless
Fifty years. Half a century. 18,250 days. A golden anniversary. Stressless® design is an expression of a never-ending story, where each new product is the result of our accumulated knowledge and insights. For five decades, unparalleled attention to detail and dedication to perfection have driven us. At Stressless, we’ve been reflecting on our milestone birthday and have some thoughts to share.
50th anniversary Stressless® Royal shown in Paloma Black
There’s a reason it all started in Norway
Stressless design is built on an ingenious blend of artisanship and innovation for balanced comfort. Together, human insight and advanced robotics have created a product that’s probably the most comfortable place on Earth: The Stressless recliner. What can we say? Scandinavian nature and culture just bring out the best in technology. Norway is where Stressless recliners have been lovingly made for the past 50 years.
What’s not to love about Norway?
We invite you to fall in love with Norway. After all, what’s not to love about stunning fjords and majestic mountains, fresh air and wild salmon, cloudberries and cream? Norway has scenic drives and panoramic vistas, epic train rides, glorious glaciers and whimsical whales. Our capital, Oslo, is a sparkling gem of a city, chock full of art and architectural treasures like the Opera House and the Vigeland installation, our world-famous sculpture park.
Don’t hate, HYGGE!
As you know, we’re also famous for hygge, which comes from the Norwegian word, “hugga,” and is a kissing cousin of the English word “hug.” Hygge is all about comfort, coziness and well-being—physically and emotionally. It’s a state of mind. Hygge is the secret to our happy dispositions and chill vibes. It’s why our feathers aren’t easily ruffled, and our brows are rarely furrowed. In Norway, our unofficial motto is, “Don’t hate, HYGGE!”
Stressless® View shown in Paloma Crystal Blue
From Norway with love
And, if you make it to the village of Sykkylven in Møre og Romsdal in the northernmost part of western Norway, we’ll welcome you with champagne and toast you with aquavit. We’ll swap Viking stories and likely drink you under the table. Then we’ll gently plop you into one of our oh-so-comfy, ergonomically engineered electric—because we do that too—Stressless® recliners and let you sleep till you wake up rested, refreshed, and ready to love all things Norwegian, as much as we love you.
Stressless® Emily shown in Paloma Misty Grey
Over the years, we’ve not only expanded our product line to include sumptuous sofas and versatile dining chairs in innumerable mixes of materials and colors. We have also placed increased importance and care to the process we create our furniture in the most sustainable way possible. At Stressless, being environmentally friendly is how we live every day and a philosophy that we instill into every piece of Stressless seating we make. We use materials that are sustainable and manufacturing processes that have low environmental impacts. At our factories in Norway, 100% of the power that supplies our factories comes from hydropower, a renewable source generated by an endless water cycle. When you choose Stressless furniture, you are choosing comfort as much as you are making a sustainable choice. Now we invite you to celebrate our heritage and discover or rediscover the value of our experience with the Stressless Royal.
In time for our 50th anniversary, we performed some aesthetic adjustments to improve the retro design of our longest-selling model. The unmistakable comfort remains uncompromised. Iconic curves and retro details dominate today’s furniture design and Stressless Royal combines them both. The design fit perfectly with the Original base and steel structure, both inspired by the very first Stressless Original recliner in 1971.
Or you can choose one of the four different bases, to fit your unique character and design. Just as we come in all different shapes and sizes, the Royal recliner comes in two different sizes and offers the base options: Original, Classic, Signature and Cross. Now through May 31, you are also able to receive $300 off the recliner in all Paloma leather colors your closest Stressless® dealer.
If that is not enough, you can also enter our Live Royally Sweepstakes on Facebook for a chance to win a Stressless Royal recliner with the original base. All you have to do is describe (or post an image) of the chair in your home you’d like to replace with a new Stressless Royal recliner and include the hashtags:
#StresslessSweepstakes, #LiveRoyally. The Sweepstakes runs through Friday, May 13 and one lucky winner will be randomly drawn on May 17, 2022. For additional requirements see the Official Rules below.
As we celebrate 50 years of Stressless, we don’t mind saying we’re getting better with age.
THE LIVE ROYALLY SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Live Royally Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 19, 2022 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on May 13, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Ekornes Stressless (the “Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising, promotional and judging agencies, including Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), participating influencers and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and/or household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void in Quebec, outside the 50 U.S. & D.C., Canada and where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable laws and regulations apply.
- TWO (2) WAYS TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter by logging into your Facebook account and visiting the Ekornes Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/EkornesStressless (the “Site”), to reply to the Sweepstakes Post (the “Facebook Post”); (1) VIA COMMENTING: commenting with an answer to: “Which chair in your home would you like to have replaced with a new Stressless® Royal Recliner?”, (ii) including hashtags: #StresslessSweepstakes and #LiveRoyally; (2) VIA PHOTO UPLOAD: (i) uploading one (1) photo of the chair you would like to have replaced with a new Stressless® Royal Recliner, (ii) including hashtags: #StresslessSweepstakes and #LiveRoyally in order to gain one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”). You must have a Facebook account to enter. If you do not have a Facebook account, and you would like to create one for free, visit Facebook.com. Limit one (1) Entry per person. Any Entry that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, deemed inappropriate or containing unsuitable material, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or violates any proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, sexual in nature, is otherwise objectionable, or disparages the Sponsor’s brand, will disqualify the Entry as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By submitting an Entry in this Sweepstakes, entrant grants Sponsor and all other such persons as Sponsor may designate, the absolute, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right and permission to use, reproduce, publish, store, post, display, distribute, modify, prepare derivative works of and/or otherwise use the Entry, in any manner, form, format or media now or hereinafter created, including on the Internet, and for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising of Sponsor, the Sweepstakes, and Sponsor’s products, all without further notice, consent or payment.
- Random Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on May 17, 2022 from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (at their office in Melville, NY USA), an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the drawing. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Winner Notification/Verification: Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified via Facebook direct messenger (“DM”) on or about May 18, 2022. Winner will be required to supply a valid email address and date of birth within 48 hours after notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Potential Prize winner will then be sent, via email, a Declaration of Compliance/Release of Liability/Publicity Release (where lawful) and Assignment of Rights (as applicable) and will be required to sign and return via email/fax within 5 business days of notification attempt or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Potential winner is responsible for checking his/her post for the DM. To be declared a winner, selected entrant must first complete a written Declaration and Release Form (“Release”) confirming compliance with the Official Rules, a potential winner who is a Canadian resident must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question as posed by Sponsor/Administrator.
- Grand Prize: ‘There is one (1) Grand Prize consisting of one (1) Medium Stressless® Royal Recliner with Original base (“Prize“). The approximate retail value for the Prize: $2,995 (USD)/ $3,828.78 (CAD). Grand Prize winner will have the option to select the recliner color based on their preference (subject to availability). Prize is nontransferable, non-assignable, and no substitution or cash redemption is allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right to award an alternate prize of equal or greater value if prize is unavailable. Winner is not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual prize and the stated approximate prize value, if any.
- General: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules, and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely Entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and Administrator accepts no liability for printing errors or materials distributed for this Sweepstakes nor will any responsibility be taken for lost, late, incomplete, damaged or misdirected Entries, winner notification, or Release documents. Sponsor and Administrator accept no liability for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer/phone equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of Entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Entry will be considered made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Facebook account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an email address is the natural person in whose name the email address has been assigned by Facebook. Entrant may be requested to provide proof that the entrant is the authorized account holder of the Facebook account and/or email address. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and in the event of cancellation, the Grand Prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW; SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds: to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the Entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or, to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect Entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the Grand Prize at random from among all eligible Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules prior to cancellation.
- Release: Without limiting any other provisions in these Official Rules, by accepting the Prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, its agencies, suppliers and each party’s respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and Facebook (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or cause of action, including but not limited to any injury, death, or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participating in the Sweepstakes or use/misuse of the Prize.
- Publicity: By accepting the Prize, winner agrees to be governed by these Official Rules, and, if requested, agrees to have his/her name and address (city and province only) included in a winner’s list. Winner further agrees to allow Sponsor to use the winner’s name, address (city and province only), likeness and/or photograph in perpetuity without compensation for advertising or other purposes worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without compensation related to this Sweepstakes.
- Governing Law and Limitation of Liability: All issues concerning this Sweepstakes shall be dealt with in accordance with the laws of the state of New Jersey. Any claims, judgments, awards will be limited to actual out of pocket expenses incurred by entrant. Entrant waives all rights to claim any damages, whatsoever, including, but not limited to punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages or lawyers’ fees.
- Winner List: For the name of the winner, available after May 17, 2022, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope bearing sufficient postage to: The Live Royally Sweepstakes Winner, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept. NR), Melville, NY 11747, USA.
- Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Ekornes Stressless, 615 Pierce Street, Somerset, NJ 08873 USA. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747 USA.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO FACEBOOK.