Finding Your Perfect Recliner
When searching for the perfect recliner, there’s more to consider than you may think. Not all recliners are created equal. To find your perfect match, you must consider many factors.
Style & Fit
Recliners exist in multiple styles, from modern to classic to somewhere in between. Picking a style will help make your search more focused and less time consuming.
Before choosing a recliner, you must make sure it fits both you and your home. Of course, sitting in it is the only way to determine if it fits your body. The more tailored to your frame, the better. That’s why most Stressless® recliners come in small, medium and large sizes instead of just one. Finding a recliner that fits your home is more about facts than feel. Check the dimensions of the recliner to insure it will fit in the designated space in your home.
Features & Functions
All Stressless® recliners have our unique Plus™ and Glide™-systems so you can lean back and get a comfortable reclining position in an effortless manner. The automatic adjustment of the support to your neck and lumbar region, allows you to read or watch TV even when fully reclined. The Glide function in the wheel lets you select the most suitable resistance for you, and experience tailored comfort every time you sit down. Our Signature base recliners come with the soft gentle rocking motion of BalanceAdapt™. Or opt for Stressless® Power – with dual electronic power systems to automatically elevate your feet and recline your back at the touch of a button.
Materials & Finishes
Why limit your choices to style and function? Depending on the model, you can choose from eight natural wood finishes and five types of leather – all offering the luxurious look and feel you’d expect from a high-quality surface, with an ease of maintenance and durability. Fabric is available in a wide variety of colors and qualities, and put through some of the most rigorous tests in the industry to meet our high demands of durability, light sensitivity, fire safety and environmental friendliness.
Take our Comfort Test
Try our famous Comfort test and see why you have to experience the magic of comfort for yourself.
- Is your head supported comfortably as you lie down to read or watch TV?
- Do you have the feeling that the seat back reclines sufficiently?
- Does the recliner feel stable and safe?
- Do the chair and ottoman move with you as you shift positions?
- Are the height and width of the chair right for you?
- Are you aware of how your entire body relaxes?
- Is the ottoman positioned in the right place to give you maximum leg support?
- Can you adjust the headrest so that it lies flat when you recline?
- Does the chair provide good lumbar support in all positions?
- Does the gliding movement smoothly adjust to your body weight?
There’s a big difference between finding a good recliner and the perfect recliner. But we guarantee this will be time well spent. After all, a Stressless® recliner is an investment that you’ll enjoy for many years to come.